Saturday 12 September 2015

The Fire Inside Album Launch


August 27th The Supernormal band launched their debut album (The Fire Inside). Along with guest band Prime 3 the live performance included several of their top jams such as Fishnin, Swaha and Zombies. Band members Andy Rambharat - Lead Vocals / Rhythm Guitar Johnathon Agostini - Lead Guitar Anthony Borde - Bass / Backing Vocals Mitch Ramberan - Drums, cast out their swinging new video for the track Anchors Away to the fans who eagerly made their way to Aria Lounge on Ariapita Avenue for the show.

Behind the album with Andy Rambharat (Lead vocalist and composer)
Have any bands influenced the album?
White Zombie, Soul Fly, even some local bands like Jaundis-I, Orange Sky

What is the meaning behind Anchors Away?
Don’t fight the currents of life allow yourself to float and go where your destiny carries you. Sometimes people fight it and feel like they have to be in control of everything. It’s just a way of saying let go of everything sometimes and let life take you and you might not be so stressed out.


What makes the band different?
We mix our music with local indigenous beats like tassa and soca

What is the next step for the band?
The next step is for us to put it in record labels and continue to keep pushing it as we did here and we want to go Guyana and South America.

Do you have any band sponsors or endorsements?
No, but we would like that because there are many expenses we need to cover and right now I’m using all my life savings for what we’re doing here now.

What advice would you give upcoming local bands?
Don’t do it! It too hard! No no no no kidding. Keep doing it, don’t stop and don’t feel like you have to reach somewhere, just enjoy the journey. There will be ups and downs but overtime you fail you will know better next time. I failed a lot of times, I had a lot of bands and you might think those were failures but people will still talk about Boomslang and that’s like a legacy for me. I don’t want to be the cliche rock star, I wasn’t to be me and that is the rock star, do something good, it doesn’t have to be about the drinking and uuuurgh and the girls and whatever ... always being in jail all the time, you can do good things and still have your talent.

As an established band how are you helping the younger generation come into the rock industry?
I talk to them, and I let them know they can talk to me. Some of them feel because we in line with Nigel Rojas and Gary Hector so they don’t feel to talk me so I talk to them and give them advice that I wouldn’t hold secret because the point of what I learnt is to pass it on right?

No comments: